If you find yourself dinking around on the internet late at night with no one around and you ned a hug, go here: http://thenicestplaceontheinter.net/. I don’t know if it was just a mixture of the images and the music, but it brought me to tears and it’s quite nice.
Here are 10 questions currently haunting my daily routine:
1. Are my cats getting high off of my nail polish? They insist on sniffing my freshly painted nails and I think their steps carry a bit of atypical swagger afterward.
2. Will the stress-acne that has developed on my jaw line ever go away? I can’t help but pick and make it worse. There may be some scarring. I may be giving Edward James Olmos a run for his money.
3. Why do I keep waking up every morning at 4:30am on the dot? I feel like something supernatural is involved, which both excites and terrifies me.
4. I stopped biting my nails, which is awesome, but something else to “keep up” on my person. I don’t even like to brush my hair on a daily basis so how long is the filing and trimming and painting going to last?
5. Will my cats barf in my slippers today?
6. Will I step in cat barf today?
7. Have I been accidentally flashing our neighbor’s teenage boy through my bedroom window? I don’t always remember to draw the blinds (I’m used to living in a high level apartment) and I’m comfortable enough with my body that I don’t really care who sees what, but at the same time, I don’t want to get arrested for “indecent exposure to a minor” and become a registered sex offender by Christmas.
8. How long until my beautiful new car gets smashed in by a douchebag driving something extra douche-y like a Honda Element? I can’t help but feel like it’s only a matter of time…
9. Will I ever finish the three books I checked out from the library and have already renewed for a second time? I keep wanting to read books I already own, which completely defeats the purpose.
10. Will things ever be “normal” again? I don’t even know what that means, “normal,” but for now it sounds stable and comfortable and nice. In the meantime, I will embrace the weird and irrational and spontaneous things life has brought me. In other words…a unicorn (well, obviously).
Oh, that reminds me…